A significant mass of a person falls on the lower back, and when the load is lifted, twisted, from a long static position, additional stress is created in it. Overload, regular mismatch leads to degradation of the musculoskeletal system: the vertebrae and the disc between them, act as a shock. From this point, it is necessary to look for information on lumbar spinal necrosis: symptoms and treatment. Why does degeneration of the joints of the spine occur?
The degeneration of the musculoskeletal system occurs as follows: the natural shock of the spine loses its elasticity, shrinks, spreads beyond the natural limit, the pressure from the other vertebrae, organs, ligaments increased. Let us describe people who are susceptible to such a pathology. Lumbar spinal cord tumors can be observed in people:
- Their first generations suffered a similar pain;
- Have a hormonal disorder;
- The individual's tendency to develop such diseases (for example, the innate structure of the spine);
- Those who neglect proper nutrition. On the daily table, a person should receive a balanced diet with healthy fats, vitamins, and proteins;
- Those with sedentary jobs: sit for a long time, stand for a long time;
- Bear weight and sharpness on your spine eg weightlifters, handlers, gardeners;
- Suffering from digestive, metabolic, pelvic organs;
- Injured (pulled too hard on the back, hit sideways, fell, bent);
- Already 30 years old;
If there are signs of lumbar necrosis, described below, some habits should be avoided:
- performs a crouch pose for a long time;
- moves a bit;
- drink alcohol;
- sits restlessly at work;
- not to dress in a cool, cool body.
Important. Any disorder in the ligament is aggravated by excess weight. With excess weight, the load on the lower body increases, and the lumbar region, overgrown with fat, is massively massaged.
Stages of the disease, signs of disease
At first, there are mild, cyclical pains that increase with exertion. This discomfort indicates that it's time to pay attention to the osteoporosis of the lumbar spine. Right now, the disc (the disc of the spine that is the channel that leads through the spinal cord and the fibrous ring around it) is degrading. Further, the distance between the vertebrae is reduced, nerves squeezed. The pain becomes severe, not only twitching in the back, but also in the hips and glutes. In stage 3, the fibrous rings are destroyed resulting in the formation of a hernia, inability to walk, and constant pain. Stage four leads to disability. Special categories of lumbar spine necrosis include:
- pain; ischemic syndrome
- lens syndrome; vertebral syndrome
- turns overgrown tissues.
Pain sensations of varying severity and nature: low back pain, for example, is called low back pain; persistent, aggravated by stress, paralysis; Metastasis along the lower parts of the body is called backache, in the case of untreated back diseases, the vertebrae have too much free movement in the spine. There is a compression on the nerve roots when lifting the load and performing sudden actions, then the pain from the lower back disappears, but travels to other parts of the body, where the nerveresponsible. Unconsciously, we change positions, adjust to reduce back pain, but this will definitely change the gait and curvature of the spine. All of this refers to blister syndrome, which begins as irritation, then becomes inflamed. Signs of lumbar spondylolisthesis with lens syndrome:
- Overly tired back muscles;
- change the back bend;
- changes in gait;
- swelling of the lower extremities;
- pain in one or both legs;
- severe pain;
- temporary loss of leg sensitivity;
- periodic persistent constipation;
- men with irritability problems;
- irregular menstruation in women;
- poisoning the body;
- blood is stuck.
You may notice that during breaks, pain sensations appear and when performing back exercises they subside. Already at this stage, you should find a doctor: orthopedist, surgeon, neurologist, trauma doctor (since causes of lumbar spinal necrosis include trauma). If you let the disease go away on its own, the problem will increase, complemented by different companions:
- goosebumps; helpless
- cramping bowel pain.
Dorsal muscles lose tone and lead to the loss of general human motor functions. With a particularly dangerous development of lens syndrome, paralysis will occur. Lens-related ischemic syndrome. At first, the bleeding is cyclical, but then such squeezing leads to spasm. You can notice them during normal walking - you walk in pain, if you stop, it doesn't hurt. The major deterioration occurs internally and cannot be seen with the naked eye - bleeding does not give all the pelvic organs the necessary supplies. There may be pain in the buttocks, thighs, and later gluteus muscle paralysis. Vertebral syndrome has included a change in the skeleton, blood vessels.
Important. Symptoms of lumbar osteonecrosis in women are closely related to the hormonal background, the physiological characteristics of the body. The appearance of pain, improper posture is the effect of wearing inappropriate shoes: on the sole is too hard or too soft; heels too high or heels too low.
Diagnose the stage of the disease
It is very difficult for even doctors to classify and name the stage of the disease on an outside examination. Initially, a neurologist can diagnose:
- persistent curvature of the spine;
- pain to the touch;
- reduced leg mobility;
- asymmetry of the gluteus region;
- changed Michaelis diamond.
But the most accurate diagnosis can only be made with results:
- computed tomography (CT) scan. The most optimal way to determine the degree of disease development, allows to evaluate the degenerative stage of the spine.
- Shoot X-ray movies. According to them, it is possible to determine the presence of a disease, but it is not always possible to determine the degree of development of damage to nerve fibers and blood vessels. Magnetic resonance imaging
- . A fairly long procedure (half an hour to an hour), an expensive procedure, provides the most complete details of what's going on with nerve roots and blood vessels.
Thus, the doctor can finally evaluate the lumbar spine necrosis: symptoms and treatment only if the results of machine research are available. Low back pain that is not related to disc disorders is caused by colds, cold kidneys, menstrual cycle or back pain.
Important. Examination of CT, X-ray is unacceptable to pregnant women. CT is unsafe for: 1) children under 14 years of age; 2) people with iodine allergy.
The onset of the disease, the characteristics of which have been considered above, let us now move on to the second point of lumbar spine tumors: symptoms and treatment. The more the body's signals are ignored, the faster the disease progresses. From the beginning, more drugs and therapies will have to be used. Treatment target:
- identifies and eliminates the causes of compression of roots, spinal vessels;
- restores the skin's sensitivity;
- to prevent further development of the pathology;
- begins the body's self-healing process;
- increases the muscle tone of a person;
- restores the function of the internal organs of the small pelvis;
- returns the normal course of the lumbar vertebrae.
If you feel uncomfortable, see your doctor. The first thing to notice when you have the first symptom to watch out for: bed (many orthopedic mattresses have to be chosen individually), pillows (may not suit you in size or softness), sleeping position, moving. At home, without a doctor's visit, lumbar fibroids can only be treated with bed rest. Therefore, it is imperative to see a doctor. During the remission and acute phase of the disease, different drugs are taken. In the final stage, the drug is used to relieve pain, release nerves from the vertebral mites, and eliminate inflammation. Prescription: - blocking drug; - glucocorticoids; - chondroprotectors; - laxatives; - Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
The last group of drugs, in addition to analgesic effects, also protects against excessive body temperature, edema, inflammation. These funds can be: rectal, internal, injection, external. Treatment of lumbar spinal necrosis usually begins with an NSAID:
The anti-inflammatory drugs on this list are a variety of ointments, tablets, gels. Some oral NSAIDs are contraindicated for people with ulcers or gastritis. Muscle relaxants reduce joint stiffness and involuntary contractions of the back muscles by temporarily reducing muscle tone. This group of drugs includes tizanidine, tolperisone hydrochloride. When there is an opportunity to save the disc, protective chondroprotectors are prescribed to restore the fibrous disc. The course of taking such a group of drugs is very long - at least 1, 5 months and the results can be seen after only one year. They try to avoid the prescription of glucocorticoids, since they have side effects when taking them, since this group of drugs belongs to the steroid hormone. They must be performed under the supervision of a attending physician with all prescriptions taken, since only a specialist knows how to cure lumbar tumors. An example of such a drug is hydrocortisone. Obstructive medications themselves are not medications, but they are a powerful topical pain reliever. This technique is as follows: injecting pain reliever (IO) or combined IO with glucocorticoid in the affected area. Blockers have no medicinal properties, but they can be addictive, leading to a loss of sensitivity to these drugs. If given regularly, the muscles around the injection site can shrink. Therefore, when relieving acute pain with this treatment, patients are prescribed drugs that restore damaged tissues, blood flow, and help improve muscle tone and nerve fibers. . This one:
- The chondroprotectors protective agents, have an overall enhancement effect on bone tissue, normalize the metabolism of cartilaginous tissues.
- Vitamins that help restore the ability of nerves to function.
- Probiotics encourage the body to heal itself;
- Vascular treatment that thins the blood to improve the nutrition of internal organs.
During treatment, along with taking the main drug, an antidepressant is prescribed. Here's how to treat lumbar necrosis while also reducing acute pain:
- apply warming, analgesic, anti-inflammatory agents;
- performs special back exercises;
- go to massage;
- has a gentle back lifestyle;
- wear a corset when exercising.
Massage, exercise therapy, physiotherapy and alternative treatments.
Relatively inexpensive and effective anti-damping methods are physical therapy, massage, and physical therapy. The actual massage can only be performed by a qualified medical professional, so going to the salon is simply not suitable for the patient. Each stage of the disease requires a different pressure and technique. With the appropriate therapy, the spasticity disappears, the back muscles are strengthened, the pain gradually disappears. Physiotherapy is used only during the relieving process of pain or when they are absent (to maintain vertebral mobility). The exercises are selected individually, based on the age, the person's condition, the stage of the disease's development. The productivity of therapeutic exercises is directly dependent on the quality and frequency of the exercise: they have to be done in a systematic way. Should rest at home, lie on your back, legs, put a small roller under your lower back. The healing process is monitored with the help of x-ray surveys, tomography. Physiotherapeutic approaches are indicated during remission and exacerbations. Methods like:Acupuncture
- . An ancient method of pain treatment, based on stimulating acupuncture points with fine needles. Procedures for spasmolytic reduction, pain relief, complete removal, tissue edema reduction;
- ultraviolet rays, stimulating the body to absorb calcium;
- ampilpus, named from the respective device. The processing process is as follows: the panels of the device are fixed on the back and corresponding treatment currents with different parameters flow through the plates; Laser therapy
- . Laser for pain relief, healing, and inflammation in the lumbar spine;
- darsonvalization. The method is designed to improve blood circulation, dilate blood vessels, stimulate nerve ends;
- electrophoresis is treated with ultrasound, stimulating blood flow to the muscle of the back region.
Each method has its own contraindications. With traditional medicine it is more difficult. Official medicine still does not recognize that the midwives' grandmother knows how to treat lumbar necrosis. Therefore, if a friend recommends that you apply burdock broth, coniferous baths, you should consult your doctor. For pain relief, a method like hirudotherapy is used, but leeches hide behind this name, so doctors recommend that you approach this treatment with caution.
Solving surgical problems
In some cases, it is not possible without surgery. With an advanced disc herniation, neurosurgeons use a surgical removal of the microscopic disc. The disc removal operation is damaged. If there are no contraindications, the doctor can perform nuclear resurfacing surgery, which has many advantages:
- No cutting required;
- This takes up to 30 minutes;
- There are no restrictions as for surgical procedures.
Important. To maintain spinal mobility, strengthen the back muscles, practice yoga, swimming, and Pilates. Jogging puts pressure on the vertebrae, so at first signs of low back pain, quit running.