Cervical spine tumor is an unpredictable disease. The age threshold for the disease decreases every year, so the problem of treating cervical osteosarcoma is now more acute than ever.
People who lead a sedentary and inactive lifestyle eventually realize that osteonecrosis has quietly crept up on them.
The cause of osteonecrosis is that the muscles in the back and neck don't work, so they weaken. The remaining spinal discs do not have the support of heavily loaded muscles.
Regular sedentary lifestyle, improper movement leads to deformation of the vertebral discs. Deformed vertebral discs compress nerve endings. As a result, a person feels back pain, cervical spine.
How to treat cervical osteosarcoma and prevent its manifestations? Doctors recommend special exercises that strengthen the muscles and tendons of the neck, back, and shoulders. This is the safest way to treat osteonecrosis.
The benefits of exercise
As mentioned above, the cause of osteonecrosis is a sedentary lifestyle, which weakens the musculature and curvature of the spine. In the early stages of the disease, exercise will prevent its further development. Due to regular physical activity, blood circulation is improved, the muscles of the spine and neck are toned, reducing the load on the spine, increasing the distance between the discs, reducing the friction between the discs, Thereby, the frequency of pain decreases.
And if the disease has progressed to the point where you often feel severe pain, then you need to consult a specialist. He will accurately diagnose, the extent of the disease, prescribe a course of treatment, massage. At the end of the course, therapeutic exercises will be prescribed, which you can do yourself at home. Such home treatment of cervical fibroids will help you quickly forget about the disease.
Exercises need to be selected correctly and performed according to the dosage. Otherwise, there is a risk that your health will deteriorate.
Before starting to exercise, you need to read useful tips.
- The set of exercises should be done regularly, regardless of location: study, work, home, etc. v. At first, to speed things up, you should do the exercises every day. And in the future, when the condition improves, you can practice 2-3 days / week to maintain the results;
- If you feel pain or swelling, this is a signal that it's time to move a little. In this case, you need to get up, walk, stretch, perform anti-osteonecrosis exercises. You can go for a walk;
- You should constantly complicate the lesson. You can add other exercises for complexity or increase the number of repetitions;
- Regular exercise is of course good, but don't forget your feelings. If during class you feel severe pain in the cervical region, you need to stop the class;
- To increase the effectiveness of the treatment, you can go to massage and take a contrast bath more often. These procedures contribute to additional muscle relaxation;
- The exercise should be done while keeping the posture straight and paying attention to the technique of execution. It will be a bit difficult at first, but by doing it right, it will make your muscles stronger and easier to practice.
A set of exercises (warm-up)
Before you start doing the exercises, remember to start with a warm-up:
- You need to stand up straight, spread your feet shoulder width apart, inhale deeply and exhale several times. Then you need to perform lean movements to the right, to the left, forward, backward in a neat manner. Back tilt should be done carefully, not lead to pain. If back bends cause pain, you can refuse to do them.
- The next warm-up is to turn your head to the right and to the left as far as you can. Although simple, this exercise can be difficult for people whose cervical spine does not allow the head to turn towards the end in one direction or another. In such cases, turning around is not worth the pain. Exercises should be performed in a rhythmic manner, without sudden movements.
- Finally, stand up straight, stretch your shoulders back, bring your shoulder blades together, chest out. Then reduce the shoulder joints, round back. The exercise should be done slowly, rhythmically, inhaling and exhaling.
Types of exercises
This exercise consists of a set of exercises that are not difficult. You can do them at home, standing or sitting. The most important thing is to keep your spine straight and shoulders relaxed. But it is better to do them while standing, because in this position the spine is as straight as possible.
Apply pressure on your hands with your head facing forward. Both hands should be firmly grasped on the lock and placed on the forehead. The two hands clasped in the lock press back to the head, and the head should be against and pressed forward on the hands. The neck must be tightened. You need to stay in this position for 15-20 seconds. Then place one hand behind the back of your neck and tilt your head back. At the same time, the working muscles of the neck are stretched. This exercise is very useful for strengthening the muscles in the neck, helping you to weaken the process of cervical osteochondrosis.
Put your hands on the back of your head. In this exercise, you need to clasp your hands in a lock and place them in this form on the back of your head. Then use your hands to apply pressure to the back of your head and your right head to support your hands. Duration - 15 - 20 seconds. In this case, the muscles of the cervical spine are tense. This exercise can be combined with the first for a harmonious workout.
Head tilted to one side. In this exercise, place your right (left) palm over your ear. You need to try to stretch your right (left) shoulder with your head and counter it with your active hand. In this position, you need to linger for 15-20 seconds. Then do the same with the other side.
Turn your head to the side. In this exercise, you need to turn your head to the sides. To do this, place your right (left) palm on your right (left) cheek. Turn your head to the right (left), hands working against. In each position, you need to linger for 15-20 seconds.
Fitness # 5
Stretch your neck with your hands. Doing this exercise can be difficult at first, but over time you can get used to it. Place your thumb on your lower jaw and cover the back of your head with your remaining fingers. In this position, you pull your head up, can perform swaying movements. That is, to simulate the effort of pulling the cork out of the bottle. You can't turn around, it has to look straight ahead. The duration of the exercise is 15-20 seconds. The exercise should be repeated several times.
Stand up straight and spread your arms out to the sides. Hands should be relaxed. Do the right and left shoulder rotations in turn, then do them at the same time. The body should be tilted forward. It is necessary to perform the exercise for each shoulder for 1 minute. This exercise is recommended for those who feel tension in the shoulder area.
Rolling head. In this exercise, you need to turn your head to your right (left) shoulder and squeeze your neck. Do the head roll to the sides. At the end of the repetition, the head should turn to the other shoulder. Try to pull your shoulder blades back. Perform the exercise carefully, the movement of the head must be controlled throughout the entire exercise. In case of discomfort, you can simply turn your head to the side. The exercise should be repeated 10-12 times.
This is the whole complex of exercises aimed at preventing cervical osteochondrosis. It is not necessary to do all the exercises, you can only choose the ones that do not bring discomfort or pain. Office workers are recommended to sit upright when working. In addition, you can perform hanging on the crossbar in the morning. This will lengthen the spine, bringing vitality to the body. Swimming, figure skating, dancing, and aerobics also help prevent osteonecrosis and speed up the healing process. If classes are regular and the person himself becomes more mobile, then you can get rid of pain in the muscles and bones of the cervical region.