A person's ability to walk has not only obvious advantages, but also disadvantages. Increased stress on the spine leads to the development of various diseases. Osteoma is considered a common disease, affecting more than 60% of the population. This diagnosis is observed in people over the age of 35, but there are frequent cases of adolescent symptoms. One of the methods is surgery, but in the early stages, treatment with alternative methods is quite possible.
Cause of disease
The failure of the discs between the vertebrae, the tissues of the spine in medicine is called osteonecrosis. Doctors cannot pinpoint the single exact cause of the onset of the disease, and sometimes this is not possible, since the disease develops under the influence of a combination of factors. Including:
- Inherited predisposition to disease.
- The presence of diseases of the endocrine system - metabolic disorders.
- Development of orthopedic diseases, for example, flat feet, bent posture, diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- Various injuries, bruises in the spine.
- Lifestyle: sedentary, unhealthy eating with mainly fast food and unhealthy food.
- Bad habits - smoking, alcoholism.
- Stress, overwork.
Methods of treating osteonecrosis
Bone tumor is a disease accompanied by pain, discomfort, if left for a long time, it can lead to complications. The disease can be treated and for it many methods can be used, the choice of which depends on the location of the disease, the degree of neglect and the general state of health. There are several treatment options:
- Physical therapy.
- Methods of rehabilitation.
- Health at home.
Before choosing a method of treatment, you should determine the type of disease, localization and the presence of complications. There are such types, with their characteristic symptoms:
- Cervical fibroids. Symptoms of the disease: pain in the shoulders, hands and neck; dizziness: tinnitus, color spots in front of the eyes; headache, numbness in the upper extremities.
- Cartilage disease of the thoracic spine. Symptoms are dull or sharp pain in the chest area.
- A disease that develops in the lumbosacral region. Signs include: pain in the hip, lower back, sacrum; lower extremity dysfunction.
- Often - osteonecrosis develops simultaneously in several parts of the spine, accompanied by severe pain.
It is possible to restore health after bone destruction, the main thing is to follow all the recommendations of the doctor and do restorative treatment. This method is used only in the case of remission of the disease, when there is no severe pain in the back. Should not be used for exacerbations. Osteochondrosis is treated with several methods:
- Physical therapy.
- Sauna, underwater hydromassage, classes in the pool.
- Work with a psychologist.
- Adhere to the diet, adjust nutrition.
- Laser treatment.
- Manual therapy.
- Uses of mud for healing.
- Electromagnetism, electrophoresis.
Sometimes patients delay treatment and resolution of osteonecrosis without surgery is not possible. This is a special approach and is used when other treatment options have failed or when exacerbations are observed, such as intervertebral hernia or sciatica. The main goal of treatment is to stabilize the structure of the spine, reducing pressure on the spinal cord. This method of treatment is used in emergencies, because there is a significant risk of damage to the spinal nerves, leading to irreversible consequences.
How and how to treat osteonecrosis at home
Treatment of osteonecrosis is possible not only in the hospital, but also at home, but with clear and unquestioning observance of all the recommendations and prescriptions of the doctor. And if there is a desire to try other methods, this should be done only after consulting a specialist. At home, the following methods of treatment for jaw bone tumor can be applied: exercise, yoga; homeopathy, medicine; adhere to the diet; traditional medicine.
Medicines for treatment
Comprehensive treatment of osteonecrosis includes rehabilitation procedures, diet, and medication. The dosage, the choice of a particular drug, should be prescribed and varied individually by the attending physician, focusing on the test results and the general condition. All drugs used are divided into two categories: to eliminate pain to varying degrees, to prevent disease.
The first category includes:
- For mild pain, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are used.
- If pain torments the patient for two weeks or more, analgesics should be added to the above medications.
- If the pain persists for more than three months, it is recommended to add antidepressants to pain relievers and NSAIDs, which will help regulate the patient's psychological state.
The drug aims to prevent osteonecrosis by rebuilding cartilage and restoring metabolism in the human body.
It is important to know how to treat cervical fibroids with medication, as this is the most common type. Since it is a drug, it is worth using:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Warming ointment.
- Preparations for restoring cartilage tissue.
Proper nutrition and adherence to the diet for osteonecrosis are the keys to the rapid and correct elimination of the disease or its prevention. Basic principles of nutrition:
- The diet should be as varied as possible.
- The menu of patients with osteonecrosis should be low in calories.
- Dishes containing mucopolysaccharides (eg, fish jelly, jelly, meat jelly) will be helpful.
- Compliance with the drinking regime - the body must receive the necessary amount of fluid.
- The menu of people with back pain must include foods: eggs, nuts, fresh vegetables, lean meat, fish.
- Limit the use of smoked meats, pickled and spicy foods.
- The rice diet is very useful: put 30 grams of rice in 6 half-liter jars and pour water on top. In the morning, rinse the contents of the first box, bring to a boil and eat as breakfast (salted or nothing). Pour the rice into the empty jar and add water, line up at the end of the line and change the water in the other buckets. Eating like this takes about a month and a half. This osteonecrosis treatment will help remove toxins and salts.
Many people are looking for options on how to get rid of osteonecrosis using less medication and without surgery. A simple but effective method of treatment is physical therapy exercises on a simulator or at home. Performing simple exercises, exercising regularly, has a great effect in preventing diseases and eliminating symptoms (pain, inflammation, concomitant diseases that develop against the background of osteonecrosis)).
Exercise therapy for cervical osteochondrosis:
- Lie on your stomach, legs and back straight. Raise the chest and head, lie on the stomach, repeat the exercise for 3 minutes, 5-6 approaches.
- Lie on your back, legs bent at the knees. Rotate right, then left. We do 8 methods every day, spend 5 minutes on the lesson.
Exercise therapy for lumbar osteonecrosis:
- Stand, feet shoulder width apart. Within minutes, circular movements are performed with the pelvis. For complexity, can do a "figure eight". The lesson lasts 3-5 minutes, but it is worth repeating several times a day.
- Stand on all fours, arching your lower back as much as possible. Repeat at least 5 times a day for 2 minutes.
Exercise for thoracic osteonecrosis:
- Lie on the floor, raise your upper body, support your hands, arch your back, hold the position for 10 seconds.
To treat osteonecrosis, traditional medicine is used including: compressing, steaming, rubbing, and special exercises to relieve pain. Only alternative medicine should be used in combination with classical healing methods, otherwise it will not bring the desired results, the worst case can cause complications. Consider how to treat osteonecrosis with folk remedies:
- In a 1-1 ratio, combine the peeled, mashed potatoes and honey. In the form of a gauze, place on the center of the pain and around it, hold until the pain is felt.
- Apply heated wax to the area where osteonecrosis develops, the pain is bothering, and cover with a warm towel.
- Mix vodka, aloe and honey in a ratio of 3: 1: 2, leave for a few hours. From the resulting mixture, apply medical ointments, preferably at night, they help to eliminate pain very well.
- Stinging nettle oil helps to support the treatment of bone necrosis, relieve pain. For its preparation, 2 tablespoons of nettle seeds are poured with vegetable oil (0. 5 cups) and soaked for 2 weeks, strained and poured into a dark glass container. When pain is felt, the oil is rubbed into the skin.
It is always easier to prevent the development of a disease than to cure it. Preventive measures include: proper and balanced nutrition; active lifestyle; Exercise regularly for the process of bone necrosis. The following method does not take much time but is as effective as drug treatment, procedures and can be conducted at home. The main thing is to choose the right complex, calculated for a particular type of disease.
Which doctor should you contact for a diagnosis?
Once the main symptoms of the disease have been identified, you should not delay going to a medical facility and starting treatment. Find out which doctor treats osteonecrosis, how to see it, and whether additional tests and examinations are needed before visiting. You will have to visit your local therapist's office, who will write a referral for the necessary tests and send it to the neurologist for consultation. You can find a rheumatologist - a chiropractor who specializes in osteonecrosis.
Osteochondrosis, a disease that affects people secondarily due to improper lifestyle, inactivity and other diseases. It is necessary to monitor your health and participate in the prevention of diseases. By eating right, doing basic exercises every day, you will never feel the symptoms of osteonecrosis on yourself.