Pain, low back, constant heaviness, are you familiar with such sensations in the back?
Harmless pulling pain is often a sign of a serious illness. In the article we will analyze all the causes of the disease.
1. Diseases of the spine and pelvis.
- Osteochondrosis (damage to the disc (bulging of the eye, herniated disc);
- Spondylitis (an inflammatory disease of the spine);
- Spondyloarthrosis (degeneration of the discs);
- Osteoarthritis (bone growth);
- Spondylitis (inflammation in the disc joints);
- Myositis (inflammation in the muscle);
- Osteoma (decreased bone density) with compression fractures of the vertebrae and other bony structures;
- Spinal and pelvic injuries (fractures, cracks);
- Sacroiliitis (inflammation in the joints of the sacrum);
- Tumors of bone structures and soft tissues.
2. Reflect the pain in the lumbar spine,associated with diseases of the abdominal and pelvic organs (inflammatory diseases and tumors), this pain is often accompanied by abdominal pain.
The nature of painmay be different:
- Acute is pain that comes on quickly, suddenly;
- Chronic - pain for more than 2 months, occurring with the progression of diseases of the spine;
- With inflammatory pathologies of the genitourinary system, abdominal organs (with chronic gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, enteritis).
From discomfort to severe pain.
In the case of acute and severe abdominal pain radiating to the lumbar spine, it is always important to exclude a surgical pathology requiring urgent surgical intervention (gastrointestinal bleeding, appendicitis, peritonitis, etc. ).
Severe pain in the lumbar spine
It can be a reflex (muscle spasm due to stimulation of receptors in the vertebral muscles), the patient coughs, sneezes, every movement is accompanied by pain. When nerve roots are compressed (bulging disc, herniated disc), pain radiates down the lower extremities, often from one side.
It is caused by stimulation of pain receptors in the muscles and fascia. There is the formation of trigger factors (pain nodes) in the muscle, the pain syndrome is chronic, often relapsing.
Any injury to soft tissues or bone structures is accompanied by severe pain.
When to go to the doctor: Any case of low back pain needs to see a doctor to help diagnose the cause of the pain and take measures.
Pain in men and women
With diseases of the reproductive system, the pain syndrome is different in men and women.
For men with prostate disease, persistent pain is characteristic, often accompanied by urination. In women, symptoms are often acute and pronounced. In cases of ovarian or ectopic pregnancy, the pain is unbearable. Usually the syndrome is more intense on the affected side.
With endometriosis, uterine myoma - aching sensations, pulling. If the pain is related to spinal disease, the intensity of the pain does not depend on gender. It was found that men went to the doctor later.
Tested by specialist doctors
- vertebral neurologist;
- operated doctor;
- general blood test (to rule out inflammatory processes, leukocyte level, ESR), exclude anemia (hemoglobin level);
- general urinalysis: exclude inflammatory processes in the bladder, kidneys (bacteria, white blood cells, red blood cells);
- stool analysis for occult blood;
- blood biochemistry: rheumatic tests to rule out systemic inflammation (CRP, RF, uric acid), assess liver function (alt ast bilirubin), assess renal function (creatinine urea), pancreatic function (amylase)), v. v.
Instrumental research methods
- X-ray of the lumbar spine and pelvis; X-ray of the abdominal cavity (excluding bowel obstruction);
- Ultrasound of the abdominal and pelvic organs;
- MRI (CT) lumbar spine, MRI (CT) lumbar with contrast;
- MRI (CT) of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis, and MRI (CT) of the abdomen and small pelvis with contrast.
When a tumor is detected, depending on the location and nature of the tumor, the treatment method, surgery or other methods are decided (monitoring and treatment at the neurosurgery hospital, the specialized hospital). oncology).
Medicines for treatment
Diseases of the spine (usually occurring in the framework of osteonecrosis):
- muscle relaxants;
- opioid pain relievers;
- vascular drugs;
- antibacterial drugs;
- medical and medical blockade with novocaine, lidocaine and diprospan.
They are mainly used in the treatment of diseases of the spine:
- physical therapy (magnetic laser, magnetic field therapy, CMT with novocaine, etc. );
- hardware traction of the lumbar spine;
- manual therapy;
- balneotherapy (application of mud, ozokerite);
- Exercise therapy.
Prevention of diseases of the spine (within the framework of osteonecrosis) all the above methods (except physiotherapy).
Prevention of diseases of the digestive tract: diet, activities, work and rest.
If you have low back pain, go to the clinic.
The hospital has all the specialists and all the diagnostic methods presented in this article. There are also inpatient departments: gastroenterology and city vertebral surgery center, all treatment methods are used, except surgery. You may be monitored, examined and treated on an outpatient basis, ie outside the hospital.